First day of fall and we are getting ready for lots of changes. In many parts of the country, home owners who have swimming pools in their backyards are faced with the task of pool maintenance as they prepare for colder nights and the end of the swimming season. Even in location where the swim season is mostly year round, pool companies recommend extra attention to the details of pool maintenance as the seasons change.
Pool contractors in different parts of the country offer a number of service plans to help their customers take the best care of their investment. In most cases, for instance, home owners with swimming pools and outdoor spas schedule opening and closing dates so that professionals can come out and provide needed service. From taking the time to clean the pool at the end of the season to making sure that everything is operable when the pool opens, swimming pool builders sometimes offer service contractors as well.
Whether you are living in the midwest or northeast where the outdoor pool season is fairly short, or you live on the west coast or southern states where the seasons can sometimes last all year, regional pool maintenance and cleaning is important if you want to make the most of your investment. From pool liners to pool screens and other covers, both maintenance and safety are essential if you want to install a pool at your house.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the swimming pool industry and the trends that are making their way across the country when it comes to outdoor entertaining and backyard recreation:
- Six to 10 years is the amount of time that a pool liner will typically last.
- 38% of inground pools have diving boards.
- 83% of respondents to a survey considered their backyard ?an ideal entertaining space,? according to the 2014 Houzz Spring Landscaping Trends Study.
- 56% of survey respondents were updating their yards to make them more friendly for entertaining, according to a Houzz study.
- 85% of pools use chlorine to sanitize the water.
- In addition to adding a pool to a backyard, an increasing number of people are also investing in outdoor kitchens. In fact, adding an outdoor kitchen brings an average return on investment (ROI) of 100% to 200%.
Is it time to close your pool for the year? Are you looking for the best maintenance plan so that you are able to get your space ready for next summer. Scheduling an official closing date with a professional is often the best way to make sure that you are doing everything possible to protect your investment.