When it comes to choosing the right window treatments for your home, different homeowners have different needs. While some are looking for decorative window treatments, others want something more practical, or both. Window blinds are a popular option used to add an alluring effect to any room and they come wide variety to choose from.
Window blinds come in various styles, colors and patterns, which allows you to compare and contrast different options depending on your house needs. The four main types of blinds for your consideration include roman blinds, cordless blinds, Venetian blinds, mini blinds, vertical and horizontal blinds.
Tips for Choosing the Right Window Blinds
- Choose blinds that complement the design, decor and color of your home spaces. Consider you interior and exterior spaces.
- Window blinds should ensure your privacy and deter prying eyes.
- Alongside privacy, find the interior or exterior blinds that allow efficient heat management. They can help reduce home heat loss or heat gain during the winter and summer seasons.
- For dark walls, experts recommend using lighter shade blinds.
- How accessible is the blind pulley and catch? Ensure the opening and closing systems are accessible for easy control of the blind. You may even opt for a motorized window blinds.
How to Control Light Using Blinds
In addition to amplifying your decor and house design, window blinds allow you to easily control the amount of light entering your living spaces, whether you are considering a full or partial covering. They are ideal for small children’s rooms to keep out external light from disturbing their nap time. Hospitals also make use of window blinds to regulate sunlight entering the rooms.
Different Types of Blind Materials
With a wide variety of materials to choose from, it’s important to consider your interior style and budget when making the decision. You may opt to install faux blinds if your window frames are wooden, or choose from other materials such as plastic, leather, vinyl, aluminum and bamboo. Unlike other types of window treatments such as swags, sheers and drapes, blinds are easy to clean and maintain.
Types of Window Blinds
- Vertical blinds come in wide range of colors and shades ideal for windows and door entrances. Their design makes them versatile for both casual and formal settings. Ideally, window blinds hang from the windowsill and pretty much easier to adjust and open.
- Venetian blinds are stylish window treatment options made from plastic, metal and wood. This type of blind can be used in your home or office to provide both functionality and aesthetic purposes.
- Roller blinds, just as the name suggests, they operate by rolling up and down for adjustment. They may feature multiple fabrics on either side when opened and for more customization, they can be resized to fit your space. Roller blinds are inexpensive and make the best choice for informal settings.
- Roman blindsbrings out a formal look to any space. They add a classic and stylish touch to your windows and when the blind is raised they form neat horizontal pleats.
Lastly, when looking to buy window blinds make sure you research its durability. There are plenty of options to meet your exact needs and companies to help you choose the right blinds for your home or office.