You have to pay for quality. When it comes to roofing materials, in fact, paying attention to the quality of the materials that you use can mean a difference between a roof that will last for a long time and a roof that will not. When it comes to repairing a roof, the decision to spend money on a quality team of professional roof repair specialists also pays off.
Roof repairs and roof replacements should be seen as major investments in your home. The right materials expertly installed can provide a profitable return on investment (ROI). Shoddy workmanship or inferior quality products can, on the other hand, lessen the value of your home.
In these confusing times of extreme weather that lead to very high winds and very heavy rainfalls, an increasing number of property owners are selecting the products offered by metal roofing contractors, whether the job involves repairing a roof or completely replacing it.
- Most metal roofing products come with a true 30 to 50 year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Environmentally friendly clients sometimes make the decision to purchase metal roofing products. Metal roofs, for instance, typically have a minimum of 25% recycled content. In addition, at the end of the roof’s life all of the materials are 100% recyclable.
- The number one most common form of ice dam damage in a roof is actually caused by collapsed rain gutters. For this reason, replacing and repairing a roof often both include special attention to gutters as well.
- An advantage of metal roofing is that it can last a lifetime, whereas materials like asphalt shingles can require reproofing every 10 to 20 years.
- Low quality roofs and roofs that are older than 20 years old are at greater risk of succumbing to harsh winter weather, including snow accumulation, ice, high winds, and other conditions.
- Roof coatings can add reduce the amount of discarded roofing materials that end up in landfills by adding 25 years to the service life of a roof.
- One set of customer service results indicate that consumer survey, 88% of home owners identify durability as the number one factor when determining which new roof to purchase. Longevity is the number one factor for 83%.
- One advantage of a cool metal roofing is that it can save 25% in energy costs when that surface is compared to a dark-grey asphalt shingle roof.
- First used in the year 1901, asphalt shingles have been part of the American home building process for more than a century. These products, however, are not as efficient or environmentally friendly as many of the newer roofing materials.
- In some states, like Texas, a metal roof can even lower your homeowner’s insurance by 35%.
- Newer roofs are supposed to be built so they withstand snow loads of 15 to 30 pounds per square foot.
- Getting the highest quality materials installed by the highest quality professionals can help you have a roofing product that is worth the investment.