The temperatures are dropping, the days are getting shorter, and everyone knows that the cold weather of winter is just a month or so away. After a long summer of roof and window replacement needed because of storm damage, the only project left on the list of things to get done is the final installation of half round gutters. You have talked to a number of gutter repair companies about making the most of the gutters that you have, but you finally reached the conclusion that purchasing a whole new set of gutters was a better decision.
Every home improvement project involves a lot of decisions. From making a choice between working with gutter repair companies or getting complete replacements to making decisions about the kind of shingles that you want to put on a home, many of the choices have to do with cost. And while it can be tempting to go with the cheapest options that are available, when it comes to a home improvement decision, may experts would recommend that you purchase the highest quality materials that you can afford. For instance, a realtor will advise a property owner to purchase the highest rated shingles that are available because, ultimately, that will add to the return on investment (ROI). Similarly, a builder might suggest higher quality shingles because they will have a longer life, and possibly even withstand the next set of high winds and hail stones that come through the area.
Gutter Repair Companies and Other Contractors Offer a Number of Products and Services
Home and business ownership is somewhat like raising a child: the work is never really done. Just as parents find themselves constantly dealing with the decisions that need to be made as children get older, so, too, do property owners need to continue to watch for necessary repairs and alterations that need to be made. Sometimes the result of an extreme weather event, sometimes the result of aging, there are many times when you need to reinvest in your home. Just as parents are constantly reinvesting in their children, property owners need to make sure that you are maintain the value in your home or office building.
Working with the best gutter repair companies, for instance, allows home owners to protect the money that they have spent on what is likely the biggest investment that they will ever make. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many kinds of exterior projects that property owners need to invest in if they want to maintain the value of a home or office building:
- Half-round and K-style are the two main gutter shapes to choose from.
- In general, K-style gutters have twice the capacity of half-round options with the same width, so there are an increasing number of people who are opting for the K-style option.
- In an effort to deal with small broken tree limbs, leaves, and other kinds of debris, it is recommended that gutter cleaning should be done at least twice a year.
- Rain gutters as we know them today were invented in the early 20th century, but there are many advancements that have been made.
- Unfortunately, clogged gutters are the number one cause of basement water problems. Problems that can lead to everything from ruined flooring to drywall problems.
- Property owners need to make sure that downspout extensions are directed at least 1.8 meters away from the foundation walls of a home. It is also important to make sure the water does not flow toward a neighbor’s home. Instead, downspout extensions should be directed away from your house towards the road, back yard or back lane.
- A single gallon of rain water weighs eight pounds. this means that a home with clogged and overflowing gutters will likely be holding weights in the thousands of pounds.
- The average roof will collect more than 600 gallons of water with just one inch of rainfall. Even one-eighth of an inch of rain is enough to fill a 54 gallon rain barrel.
Although there are many times when people think of interior projects when it comes to home improvements, it is important to realize that there are many times when exterior work is equally important. Exterior improvements are important.