If you are considering remodeling your home, you might want to look at changing up your bathroom. You can both increase the value of your home and make your bathroom a more comfortable and luxurious place to spend time. Harsh cleaners can wreck havoc on your bathroom surfaces and make them look much older than they are. It can be easy to take those years off of your surfaces and fixtures though. You do not have to do a full fiberglass bathtub installation, for example, to make the place look and feel newer and more stylish.
Bathroom Remodeling Ideas to Make Your Bathroom Sparkle:
- Dress up the room with tile. The right tile on the floor can make a larger bathroom really elegant. In smaller bathrooms, the right ceramic tile job for the floor can be really stylish without going overboard. The key is to find the right tile for the space. You can compliment your floor tile with complementing tile in the shower, on the counters and elsewhere. You can mix and match your tiles to create s look that is uniquely your own.
- Spruce up that bathtub. Few things scream luxury like a relaxing bubble bath in an inviting bathtub. If you have a tub already, you may already have reasons to redo it. Germs and dirt love few things more than a cracked or damaged tub. If you opt to refinish your exiting tub, you will find it much easier to clean once that has been done. Whether you have a tub or go for a new acrylic or fiberglass bathtub installation, you add a lot of value to your home with a great bathtub. Regardless of what you do with the tub, making it look and feel new again is a rare fire way to transform your bathroom into new space.
- Consider a free standing bathtub. If you do not already have a tub in place, think about putting in a free standing one. These can be simply the large bathtubs with clawed feet or you can pick from a wide array of newer and more sleek styles. When looking at a fiberglass bathtub installation, these can really make that space feel like you have created your own luxurious space to relax and unwind from a long day.
Bring the outside inside your home. From adding potted plants to doing a full vertical garden with a small waterfall, you can bring the serenity of nature inside your home. These add color and fun to any bathroom.
- Consider the rest of your home. When you are looking to renovate the bathroom, think about how the space fits in with the rest of your decor. Increasingly, bathrooms are starting to feature more prominently in the overall design of newer homes. They are being considered more of an extension of the rest of the home rather than just their own space. People take some of the colors and styles they feature in other spaces such as the living, dining and family rooms and incorporate them into their bathroom designs. This gives the home more of a cohesive look and feel.
- Add fun light fixtures. Adding more light or differently styled light to a bathroom can really change the way the room looks and feels. Consider variable lighting options. You may want brighter light when you are getting ready for work and more subdued lighting when you take that relaxing bubble bath. If you have a fan in the bathroom, consider adding a light to that fixture to brighten the place up. You can also put in different colored light bulbs to change up the feel of the room.
Bathroom renovations do add a lot of value to a home and have a great return on investment. This is also a way to really treat yourself. There are few rooms in the home where you can enjoy a spa like experience like the bathroom. Whether you opt for a full fiberglass bathtub installation and complete overhaul of the room or if you just make minor, cosmetic alterations, you can make your bathroom space a real get away from your busy work life. This is one place where you can go and totally pamper yourself.